Welcome to the Open Campus Faculty Resource Page!
Welcome RCC Faculty! This web page is designed to provide you with the latest information about Open Campus' Faculty services. Here you will also find Blackboard training information, materials and resources.
Getting Started: Teaching With Blackboard 9.1
Instructors who plan to teach in any mode using Blackboard (online, hybrid or web-enhanced) must complete the RCCD Online Blackboard Academy. In addition to basic Blackboard instruction, the Blackboard Academy covers administrative policies and procedures for online instruction as well as additional district services available to distance education instructors.
You will have one month from the Online Blackboard Academy start date to complete the training. A reservation is required. You will receive 8 hours of FLEX credit, but you must complete the entire session; partial credit will not be given.
If you do not have an RCCD email address, you need to get one. Future communications from Open Campus are only sent to those who are in the RCCD email system. Please contact your Instructional Department Specialist for more information about obtaining an RCCD email address. If you are offering a web-enhanced course without Blackboard, you do not have to attend the Online Blackboard Academy. Just contact Mark Knight for assistance with setting up a web site.
Please note: Blackboard training is for full-time and adjunct instructors only. All Online Blackboard Academy sessions span 30 days, beginning with the first day of the month.
To reserve your spot, please fill out the Online Blackboard Academy enrollment form.
Please do not sign up unless you are sure you can participate and complete your training.
While these are online, we are limiting them so that our presenters can respond to questions in a timely manner. It isn't fair to others when you reserve a spot and do not follow through.
Other Blackboard 9.1 Training
For 2012, Blackboard 9.1 training is available for RCCD faculty via the following options:
- Contact a Blackboard-trained instructor mentor. 12SPR mentor availability: Dorothy Gaylor, Bonnie Pavlis, Cathy Brotherton, Richard Mahon, Diana Friedman and Charlie Richard are all available via district e-mail.
- Jose Duran is available Mon/Wed, 12:30-5pm @ Tech 151-Moreno Valley.
- Gail Zwart is available Tue/Thu, 8-9am @ ATEC 104-Norco.
- Cathy Brotherton is available Mon, 8am-12:30pm @ LRC-Norco and Tue/Thu, 11:10am-12:40pm @ ATEC 218.
- Diana Friedman is available Tue, 11am-4:30pm and Thu, 8am-1pm, @ CIS Lab-Norco.
Flex credit is available for instructors participating in any of the training options listed above but you will need to sign in and log your hours.
Supplemental/refresher Bb 9.1 training materials – including nearly 100 Bb 9.1-related tutorials for instructors - developed by both Blackboard and Open Campus, are available for those instructors that have already completed their initial Bb 9.1 training by logging into Blackboard and, under "Course List," click on the "Open Campus Instructor Resources" class.
For more tutorials, interactive learing modules and PDF documents that will help you build, and navigate inside your new Blackboard 9.1online environment, visit Blackboard's On Demand Learning Center.
Blackboard 9.1 Resources
- Understanding the Change from CE 8 (pdf)
- Getting Started with a Course Moved from CE 8 (pdf)
- Understanding the Change from CE 8 - Quick Reference (pdf)
- Understanding and Building your Course
- Online Blackboard Learn Instructor Guide
- Online Blackboard Learn User Guide
- Blackboard On Demand Learning Center
Faculty WebAdvisor Login
Trouble getting to WebAdvisor? Try the faculty WebAdvisor login link.