Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Teleweb Course?A Teleweb Course is a college credit course that allows you to complete much of your study at home by viewing Video On Demand lectures and/or instructional video series online instead of attending lectures on campus. Teleweb courses have been specially designed to provide students with educational opportunities that are flexible enough to fit even the busiest schedule. Video On Demand lectures and instructional series represent one component of an integrated instructional package that includes a textbook, study guide, course syllabus and on-campus seminars.
- Flexibility for Your Schedule. Teleweb courses enable you to watch course lectures and/or instructional video series at home over the internet. You may also view the lectures at your convenience in the student computer labs, librarys and Instructional Media Centers located at the Norco Campus, Moreno Valley Campus, or Riverside City Campus.
- An Instructor Who Cares. An RCC faculty member is assigned to serve as instructor for each teleweb course. Your instructor will have many of the same responsibilities as any classroom instructor - preparing and grading assignments, answering your questions, administering your exams, and conducting the on-campus seminars. The instructor will also be available to answer your questions by phone or in person during designated hours. Check your course syllabus for your instructor's telephone number and office hours.
Is a Teleweb Course for you?To help you decide, take our Open Campus Distance Learning quiz (located in the Open Campus section of the printed schedule of classs) to find out if you have what it takes to succeed in a Telecourse. If you score well on the quiz, you may also want to consider taking an Open Campus online course. Motivation + Determination = Success. Register Now and Give Yourself Some Credit.
What Telecourses Are Available?See the RCC online Schedule of Classes or call the OPEN CAMPUS HOTLINE at (951) 222-8978.
How Can I Sign Up for a Teleweb Course?You may register for a telecourse in the same manner as any other open campus course. Please see the Open Campus Registration Help Page for more information.
How Can I buy Textbooks?For your convenience, you may purchase your textbooks in the campus bookstore or online. Visit the Riverside City Campus Bookstore, the Moreno Valley Campus Bookstore, or the Norco Campus Bookstore.
How Can I view the Teleweb Course Episodes?
- Download the free QuickTime Media Player.
- Once QuickTime is installed see our Streaming Media page and locate the videos for your course.
- Click on any of your course's video links at any time of the day or night.
- You will be prompted for a username and password (provided by your instructor). After entering the username & password, your video will open in a QuickTime Player window.
- Please see our Streaming Video Help Page if you have difficulties.